Thursday, July 1, 2010

Observing

Today, it interested me to observe other fellow drivers. Especially, when one almost ran me off the road while leaving work. How bazaar to honk at someone sitting at a green light, when its only been green for 2 seconds. Why in such a hurry sir? Anyway.....why not slow down and savor the few minutes not being stuck behind a desk? It's very ritualistic for me, but I enjoy slowly turning on my car, finding a good cd, adjusting the volume and rolling down the windows before I speed off into crazy traffic.

I started yoga 9 weeks ago, and ever since, I feel like my awareness of the things around me is profound. My environment is like a totally different world all together. My senses notice things that I was not aware of before. I left work the other day and just looked up at the sky. Why hadn't I done that before? It was so blue. So beautiful. I think for a very long time, I have looked down at the pavement as I walk that 6 minute path to my car. There is a whole universe out there. Wow.....where have I been? I feel like I have been a zombie...and I've just woken up.

I kind of felt sorry for that man who honked at me. He's still asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment